Wednesday, May 28, 2014


My word for the journal was garden and my phrase was about a person you admire. When planning the journal I knew i wanted to use tissue overlapping and flowers for the word. I had not planned on using the phrase because I couldnt think of anything to do with it but as I went on making the project I decided to use art that people had drawn me to put in the journal. Unfortunately some of the art did not fit on the journal and the drawings looked out of place. However as I kept adding drawings it loked better and better. Even the tissue dried darker then iwould have like giving making the moods contradict each other. Also when I added pictures on top of the tissue when it tried some of the color from the tissue bled through.  I liked the idea of it but not so much the outcome. 

Land art

Land art was something new to me. I had never heard of land art before though I have seen it before without knowing what it was. At first I just started drawing doodles and then picking ones I liked to draw in the sand. It was hard because the sand was not flat as I had anticipated so in the end I could only do a couple designs. I also couldny draw with my hands as I had planned to because some of the sand was hard. Doing this project was actually kind of hard because of the slope. While I was drawind some of the sand I had previously moved would roll back into my design. It was alows hard making the design flat instead of bumpy. Overall im glad I got it done, but I was a little mad that when I took the picture the pole was caring a shadow over my drawing. 


When doing sculpture I had decided to do it based off of ariel. At first I was going to do it using clay and making a six panel story board put of it. Then I changed my mind and wanted to make wearable jewlery but after making the head realised I couldnt fet the detail I wanted into the clay because I would have to make the head smaller. So I switched from clay to yarn and from six panel to three. I painted the background on cardboard and then proceed to use yarn to make certain features, like ariel, stand out. When I finished the first panel I realized that I would have trouble adding the face. I ended gluing dots of yarn for eyes and using sharpie for the mouth. I had originally used yarn for the mouth but it didnt turn out well. Uaing sharpie turned out better but looking back on it I wish i could've left the characters faceless.

Sunday, May 4, 2014


For this project i picked the subject what fuels me. In this i was deciding which of my favorite TV shows to do and in the end I started adding them together to see how it would look. towards the end I thought that it could use a little background so I add bow ties which are a reference to Doctor Who, as is the telephone booth which is called the TARDIS. I started of drawing the TARDIS from one of my favorite pictures of it. I then searched a picture of the Fairytail logo and drew it in a way that it looks like it is raping around the TARDIS. The shading on the side of the TARDIS was difficult for me since I am not good with shading, but people at my table helped with some suggestions on color to use and which parts to make darker. I made more progress with color pencils and coloring with them. At first when I colored it looked rough and there was a lot of white space. I learned that if you color in the opposite direction you were originally coloring it fills in the white space and if you color in small circles it makes it look smoother. 

Below are some of my earlier sketches in the planning stage.